Thursday, October 18, 2012

your strength 360º

In the holistic context, strength is talking about pure ability, force, strength, might. Your mind conjures a strong weight lifter of a guy, or Natasha Romanov in The Avengers. Seconds before I logged in to post on what makes our bodies strong:
  • exercise
  • great food
  • sound sleep
I stopped to consider those with chronic pain and conditions that prohibit them from experiencing comfort in every day life. When I think of the chronic sinus pressure I deal with, I consider my brilliant friend who suffers from a long list of physical issues. He's in pain every day to the point that he lives on painkillers. Yet in the midst of that pain, he's the most brilliant technical architect on our team.

Lesson learned here is that we can only do so much to care for this earthly shell. At some point our bodies will fail us. If we've invested 360º in our heart, our soul and our mind, then the body might fail but we still have a lot to give. That  healthy balance is what feeds our ability to live 360º even when things are not perfect - to choose life when pain threatens to overtake it.


No comments:

Post a Comment